|Crédit : 3 ECTS|
|Langue du cours : anglais|
- CM : 21 h
Description du contenu de l'enseignementThe course treats about :
- The intercultural criteria that influence marketing decisions in international perspectives
- Marketing functions and their characteristics in international corporations
- Branding tools to build strong international brands
- Marketing strategies to adapt brands to different markets
- Market expansion and distribution strategies in an international context
The course will be held in English and has been designed to prepare students the best for their marketing career in an international context. It is based on real-life experiences in terms of brand building, product adaptation and launch in various markets across the globe, from Europe to Middle East, Asia and the US. You will learn to make the right twist in the marketing mix when it comes to « glocalization », by always integrating the intercultural notions you will obtain at the beginning of the class.
The course is highly interactive and provides a mix between theory and real-life business best-practices. You will work on cases written and experienced by the professor herself during her professional career.
Planning course :
- S1 - The relevance and measurement of strong international brands
- S2 - Strategic Brand Management : The art of building strong global brands
- S3 - Operational Brand Management 1: Adapting products to local markets
- S4 - Operational Brand Management 2: Communicating across the globe
- S5 - International market expansion and distribution strategies
Mode de contrôle des connaissances
- Individual participation in class : 50%
- Cases in the team : 50%
Bibliographie, lectures recommandées
- Usunier, Jean-Claude, Lee, Julie Anne, Marketing Across Cultures, Prentice Hall, 2012.
- Merk, Michaela, « Luxury Sales Force Management : Strategies for winning over your brand ambassadors », Palgrave MacMillan, 2014.
- Trompenaars, Fons, Woolliams, Peter, Marketing Across Cultures, Capstone Publishing, 2004.
|Année universitaire 2016 - 2017 -
Fiche modifiée le : 13-02-2017